Account Coded Dockets means pre-encoded dockets issued by us with your name and account number encoded thereon.
Additional Cardholder means a person, of 18 years of age or more, nominated by you and authorised by us to operate your Card Account alone.
Billing Period means that period specified in a statement of account. Business Day means a weekday including local public holidays but excluding holidays observed on a national basis.
Card means the following products issued by us:
- (i) FASTCARDS (including cards styled or referred to as “Community Card”);
- (ii) eTickets (including cards styled or referred to as “Community Card”);
- (iii) Digital FASTCARD;
- (iv) Digital Pass;
- (v) AccountCodedDockets;and
- (vi) any other permission, token, code or item thatenables you to incur a charge on your Card Account.
Card Account means the account we set up in your name to record transactions using any Card.
Conditions of Use means this document (and includes the Important Security Information and Privacy Statement at the end of this document).
Driver means any taxi or hire car driver, or any other person, who is authorised to accept a Card as a means of releasing you from your obligation to pay for services supplied by that Driver.
eTicket means a pre-encoded ticket issued by us and includes contactless FASTeTICKETs.
Fees means any fees or charges that are payable by you under these Conditions of Use.
Overdue Payment Fee means 1.5% of the amount shown on the remittance as “Overdue”.
We and us means Cabcharge Payments Pty Ltd (ABN 22 615 032 427) and includes its successors and assigns.
You or you means the holder of the Card Account.
||When fee is payable
||Amount of fee
||On each transaction
||A maximum of 10% of the value of the transaction (including GST)
|Account Keeping Fee
||On each tax invoice statement (but we will waive it for each Billing Period where the “Taxi Fare” displayed on such tax invoice statement is more than $60
|Overdue Payment Fee
||When an amount shown on a remittance as “Overdue”
||1.5% of that amount
|Replacement Card Fee
||On the issue of a replacement Card
|Liability for lost or stolen Cards
||When you lose a Card, or when a Card is stolen
||As described in clause 11
|Freight, delivery and handling charges for delivery of the Card to a nominated address
||When you request a new Card
|Production of documents (e.g. replacement statements, electronic data)
||When we provide documents at your request
||When you order eTickets
||$0.50 per eTicket plus postage (excl. GST)
IMPORTANT SECURITY INFORMATION
Below are a series of important security tips you should follow when using your Card.
You are solely liable for any Cards we have issued on your Card Account, and for their use. This is so even if a charge is incurred by an Additional Cardholder, and, in certain circumstances, where a charge is incurred after a Card was lost or stolen.
If we print a name on a Card, it must be used by that person (the cardholder). You may not transfer the Card to a person other than the cardholder.
We may require a sample of the cardholder’s signature before we provide a Card to that person.
The cardholder must immediately sign the Card in the marked space when they receive it, before they use it. If the cardholder does not sign the Card, you will be liable for all charges incurred byfraudulent or unauthorized use of the Card.
You must destroy invalid cards. If your Card (the invalid card) permanently ceases to be valid (for instance, if the expiry month has passed or it is materially damaged), or if you receive a Card which replaces the invalid card, you must destroy the invalid card.
Using a Card in a taxi: When you complete your journey, the taxi operator will process your Card through their EFTPOS terminal (or another device approved by us) or complete the Account Coded Docket.
You must ensure that the details entered are correct. If you are satisfied that they are, you must sign the docket or if applicable, the receipt. Never sign a receipt or docket before ensuring that the fare details are correct. You must retain your receipt for your records.
Never sign a blank or incomplete Account Coded Docket and always ensure the fare details are correct before signing.
Despite the safety features we include with them, Account Coded Dockets, eTickets and Cards may be misused. You must keep your Account Coded Dockets, eTickets and Cards safe. In particular, you must:
- retain control of all your issued and unused Account Coded Dockets and eTickets at all times; and
- never carry a full book of Account Coded Dockets, or an excessive number of Account Coded Dockets or eTickets, in public.
PRIVACY DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
This Privacy Disclosure Statement describes how Cabcharge Australia Limited and its related bodies corporate (“we”) manage personal information about any of the individuals we deal with.
You can contact us by contacting our Privacy Officer on (02) 9332 9255 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are subject to the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and collect, use and disclose personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
This document also contains important consents that you give to us.
Why we collect your personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information about you for the following purposes:
- (a) to provide, and administer, services to you;
- (b) to develop new products and services;
- (c) to attend to your enquiries;
- (d) to seek feedback,
- (e) to promote products and services that are offered by us, our related bodies corporate and affiliates; and
- (f) to fulfil our regulatory or legal obligations. Various Australian laws may expressly require us to collect your personal information, or we may need to do so in order to be able to comply with other obligations under those laws. Such laws include the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth) and State and Territory property and security interests laws (for example, to register and searchfor security interests) or the Taxation Administration Act 1953 (Cth), the Income Tax Assessment Act 1936 (Cth) and other taxation laws (for example, to comply with information requests issued by the Commissioner of Taxation);
How we collect your information
We normally collect personal information about an individual from that individual, and normally through account application forms. However, we may collect personal information about an individual from third parties, or contact third parties to verify information that the individual provides.
What if we cannot collect your personal information
If we cannot collect some or all of the personal information that we request or require, we may not be able to provide services to you.
Who do we disclose your personal information to
We may disclose personal information that we collect or hold to:
- if you are a cardholder, the accountholder;
- our advisors;
- government regulatory agencies, bodies and authorities as required by law;
- third parties authorised to act on your behalf or that are otherwise connected with you (such as your accountant, legal representative or referee);
- our joint venture partners, our related bodies corporate and our subsidiaries from time to time; and
- other persons and entities as permitted under the Privacy Act.
We are not likely to disclose this information to overseas recipients.
Our Privacy www.cabcharge.com.au/privacy-policy, contains information about:
- a) how you may access the personal information that we hold about you or seek corrections to that information;
- b) how you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles that bind us and how we deal with such complaints.
We may use your personal information to identify and send you information about products and services (including third party products and services) that we think may be of interest to you.
You consent to us sending you marketing communications (including by phone, electronic message or any other delivery method) for this purpose.
You may ask us at any time to stop sending you marketing communications by contacting our Privacy Officer (whose details are listed above) and we will comply with your request within a reasonable period.
You authorise us to:
- (a) make all reasonable enquiries to verify the information given in the application to us for a Card Account;
- (b) obtain from a credit reporting agency or any financial institutions or credit providers whose names are provided or whose names are included in a credit report, such information on personal or commercial finances as we may require to satisfy us of your ability to discharge your obligations’ under the terms of the Card Account; and
- (c) disclose the following information to a credit reporting agency:
- (i) information relating to your application for a Card Account;
- (ii) information relating to overdue payments that are the subject of action taken for recovery; and
- (iii) information about payments by you (including by direct debit or cheque) that have been dishonoured on more than one occasion.