Disputed fare/s cannot be reviewed until such time as this form or written confirmation of all relevant details has been received. This must also include receipts and a copy of the transaction/s as shown on the Cabcharge statement of account.
This form is not for use if the dispute involves a credit or debit card or non Cabcharge account transaction, these disputes are to be referred to the card issuer (bank/financial institution).
Please use the following checklist as a guide for a fare dispute to be reviewed. An answer of NO to more than 2 of the questions will place severe limitations on successful recovery actions for the account holder. All disputes are reviewed within the Conditions of Use under which accounts are issued; use of the account deems that the account holder has agreed to these conditions.
- Have you spoken to the passenger and discussed the matter with them to ascertain the correct details of the disputed trip/fare? If not please do so before proceeding further.
- Do you have a driver’s EFTPOS receipt OR a legible/clear handwritten driver’s receipt for the disputed fare? If so, please supply a copy. A valid driver’s receipt is one complete with:
- Taxi number / Network
- Trip details (Pick up and drop-off points)
- Fare amount.
- Has the name of the passenger/employee you issued with the eTICKET/Account Coded Docket been noted on the account holders record of use? (Cabcharge is not able to supply copies of drivers' receipts to enable identification of passengers. A sequence report can be emailed to enable recording of passenger names, trip details etc or the Cabcharge Taxi Management System (CTMS) can be downloaded to control your taxi travel expenditure).
- Has the eTICKET or Cabcharge Charge Card been reported as lost/stolen?
- Receipt (EFTPOS or handwritten)
- Copy of statement page